Project Consultation
We did our project consultation on Wednesday this week. Everything seemed to go well. Professor Ramsey thinks that we have a creative and humorous project plan. She really seemed to like the way it was put together. She just suggested that we add some more detail into the contents of our presentation and how we intend to delegate the tasks.
Team Blog
Last week I set up our team blog as a method for us to collaborate. The URL is http://franklinpeddlers.blogspot.com/. If you’re reading this, you’re looking at it! I also sent out some invitations for you guys to sign up to become contributors for the blog. Lateesha and Rodney have already accepted and I have made them admins for the blog so they too can create posts. I resent invitations to Angela and Andrew. Let me know if you guys don't get them.
The Bicycle
Last week I posted a couple of bike pictures to the blog. Lateesha commented that she likes Bike 3. I do as well. Should we choose this as the bike we intend to use for our project? Go ahead and create a post if any of you would rather use a different one. Bike 3 is good because it doesn’t have any brand association. It also looks pretty cool and might be something that might attract our target demographic, 18-30 year olds.
Team Meeting
Angela, Lateesha and I all met in Franklin Live tonight (Thursday, June 7th). We discussed our project plan and presentation. Lateesha plans to update our project plan to reflect some of the decisions we made tonight. She’ll email it out to everyone after she updates it.
Presentation
Our presentation date is on Wednesday, June 20th at 9:15 PM ET. We talked about some topics for our presentation and created an outline for it (I’ll post that tomorrow, 6/8). We’ve divided it into five parts and each picked the part we wanted to work on. We also tentatively made assignments for Andrew and Rodney. I’ll create a separate post for the outline with the assignments. Let me know if you guys have any other ideas, comments, or want to change any of the assignments.
Since Andrew volunteered, we thought our presentation format would be a website. We can totally skip the Power Point! (That’s so 90’s anyway!) It looks like one of us could share an application in Franklin Live, like Internet Explorer and all the attendees can see it. We tested that tonight. So we were thinking we could just put together a website to market our product and incorporate each part of the outline into the website. Then each person will talk about their portion while it is displayed during the presentation. If we each do 3-4 minutes that should get give us enough time.
Would it be possible for each of us to get information on their portion of the presentation together by Wednesday, June 13th? Maybe we could meet on Wednesday and talk everything over. Then Andrew could begin work on the website. We probably don’t need to come up with 3-4 minutes of content for the website, just enough to have something up there.
Rehearsal
We also thought it might be a good idea to rehearse our presentation. Maybe we could meet in Franklin Live the weekend before or the week of our presentation. We could do a dry-run and time ourselves. This way we’ll be familiar with the technology and be able to make any adjustments to our presentation.
1 comment:
Excellent summary Mike! I'm hoping the other members will post their availability for the upcoming week soon~
Post a Comment